Director: Prof. D. Briassoulis
Tel: 210 529 4011
Fax: 210 529 4023
The Laboratory covers the area of research and provision of knowledge concerning the:
- Engineering background
- Technical drawing
- Statics – Strength of Materials
- Transport Phenomena
- Agricultural buildings – building physics
- Computational and applied mechanics
- Soil mechanics
- Design, planning, operation, optimisation and environmental impact of various agricultural enterprises (poultry houses, greenhouses, aquacultural plants etc.) and generally technical projects concerning rural infrastructure.
- Development of artificial environment for plant growth and production (greenhouses, hydroponics etc.) implementing advanced technologies.
- Development of artificial environment for animal housing implementing advanced technologies.
- Management and utilisation of solid and liquid animal wastes.
- Technology and control of material quality.
- Environmental control of animal facilities using appropriate technologies