Academic members carry out theoretical and applied research in areas of great interest for National and International agriculture. The conducted research is carried out in the context of National and International founded scientific programs. In addition to the previous activities, Ph.D. Thesis and M.Sc (M.Eng), B.Sc (B.Eng) Dissertations are also supervised by the members of the laboratory. The results from the scientific activity are presented at International and Greek peer–reviewed Journals as well as at National and International Conferences.
The main scientific fields in which research is carried out by the academic members are:
- Agricultural buildings – physics of building
- Computational and applied mechanics – Quality Inspection and behaviour of materials.
- Animal housing-animal behaviour and well–being
- Artificial environment in agricultural constructions
- Management of agricultural wastes.
- Urban wastes and reuse
- Erosion and sustainability of soil